HIM is here to help, listen, and support you without judgement. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SLAM SAFER: Just the tip(s)
- Never share your works. Never lend or borrow any used injecting equipment including water, cookers, cotton and tourniquets.
FRESH NEEDLES ARE BEST
- Use new needles and equipment every time you inject. Cleaning used syringes and needles, even with bleach, may not kill HIV and hepatitis.
SWAP THOSE SITES!
- Rotate your injection sites to reduce the possibility of damage to your veins. Each time you shoot up, move one inch closer to your heart from your previous hit or move to a different site altogether. Don’t inject into damaged veins!
KEEP YOUR RIGS CLEAN
- Clean your injection area thoroughly with hot water and soap. Wipe the site with a fresh alcohol pad to cut down bacteria that causes abscesses.
LET YOUR VEINS HEAL
- A vein takes a couple of days to heal. Vitamin E oil or aloe vera helps you to heal. Drinking lots of water re-hydrates your skin and also speeds up healing.
FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS
- Don’t inject alone. This helps avoid overdosing.
- Dispose of your used equipment carefully. Sharps containers are essential to keeping others safe.
- You can get clean, unused works at Insite Vancouver (139 E Hastings St), Three Bridges Community Health Centre (1292 Hornby Street) and other locations in the city.